March 6, 2013

I've been sick

On Thursday my son came from daycare completely snotty. He was sneezing snot rockets and completely congested.  The next morning my husband stayed home with him. I was sort of glad that he stayed home instead of me because I tend to catch whatever my son gets. I thought that by my husband staying home with him that I would dodge the bullet.

Yeah right!

No such luck at all.

Saturday I woke up with a horrible sore throat and my nose was super stuffed. Even though I was not feeling well I still went about my day and did all my errands. By the time the evening rolled around I was feeling miserable though. I literally wanted to nose dive into the couch and sleep. However, when you’re a mom, there is no way in hell that you get to rest like that. Not even my husband was giving me a break. I kept telling him repeatedly that I didn't feel well and he kept treating me like I was up to my normal rockem’-sockem’ awesomeness.

Basically, I was sick all weekend through Tuesday. Today is the first day that I feel decent. During these four days I did absolutely nothing physical, well maybe if you count lifting your Theraflu tea to your mouth 25 times a cup (I totally just made that number up! Ha!) I even stayed home from work on Monday with my son because he had a bad cough.

Anyways, I've pretty much kicked it for the most part. Today I’m going to take it easy and walk/jog on my treadmill. I’m aiming for 4 miles tonight. Totally doable!

On another note, I didn't lose anything in February. It’s the first month that this has happened to me since starting this journey. I must either be building muscle or eating too much peanut butter. I think it’s the latter so I’m going to try to cut it to 1 tbsp. every other day instead of 2 tbsp. every day! Hahaha! I’m such a little piglet. I love peanut butter so much. It’ll be hard, but necessary.

Oh yeah, my vacation is 45 days away! I can’t wait to be in Mazatlan with my parents! I’m so excited! I can’t wait to be laying out here…